- Visit a museum that is a green architecture icon in itself with a living roof, solar lighting and water recycling system
- One ticket grants access to a large range of exhibits as well as programs and activities
- See tropical birds and butterflies fly overhead in the largest spherical rainforest exhibit in the world
- Learn about the Universe beyond our planet in the immersive space exhibition
What to expect
If the California Academy of Sciences is on your sightseeing list while exploring San Francisco then with this ticket, you are sure to enjoy a chance to skip right past the lines and commence your visit right away! This instant access voucher does not need to be redeemed at the ticket kiosk, so you get to save plenty of your vacation time by avoiding the annoying lines. Step through the museum’s doors and take your time to explore its massive rainforest covering for storeys, a planetarium and an aquarium. See how astronauts see planet Earth in an all-digital planetarium; look for exotic wildlife in the the genuine four-story rainforest and visit one of the world’s biggest aquariums containing 500,00 gallons of water and a variety of marine life species.
- 1 California Academy of Sciences ticket(s)
- Admission to select exhibitions/galleries: Sharks exhibit
Not Inclusive Of
- Meals and beverages
- Children aged 0-2 can enter free of charge
- It may take a while to explore the whole museum, comfortable shoes are recommended
- Due to Covid-19 safety requirements, all guests will need to reserve timed-entry tickets in advance. Upon booking confirmation, instructions will be provided in your ticket, which will direct you to reserve a time spot for entry.
- Timed-entry tickets must be reserved at least 24 hours in advance
- Entry into Planetarium, Osher Rainforest, and the Shake House earthquake simulator in Giants of Land and Sea is by free reservation in order to facilitate physical distancing. Upon arriving at the Academy, guests will be able to scan a QR code with their smartphone and select an entry time. Please note that entry times and capacity are limited and your choice may not be available
- Please note that the capacity for Planetarium is extremely limited. Planetarium shows may not be appropriate for children under 7, and we regret that we cannot permit any child under 4
- This activity is stroller and wheelchair-accessible
- You will receive confirmation of your booking instantly via email. In the event that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email
- Full refunds will be issued for cancellations made at least 24 hour(s) before the selected activity date
Voucher Type Description
- You can enter the venue directly with this voucher
- The voucher is valid on any date after the booking has been confirmed
- Mandatory timeslot reservation after your booking on the official venue's website is required
How to Redeem
- You will need to reserve timed-entry tickets in advance directly on the attraction’s website. This requires a few extra steps:
- Visit tickets.calacademy.org/datimedreservation and select a date of visit
- Select an entry time and the number of guests and add to cart and continue to checkout as a guest.
- Add customer information and continue to check-out.
- Review your order summary and check-out. Your order is complete. You will receive 2 emails: one stating “your receipt” and the other “your order”.
- You must have the original voucher/ticket along with the attachment in “your order” email showing their timed entry reservation. (Does not have to be printed and both may be presented digitally)
- Last admission: 16:00
- Last admission: 16:00
- 55 Music Concourse Drive, Golden Gate Park, San Francisco, CA 94118
- Please refer to the map for assistance
How To Get There
- By bus: Take #44-O’Shaughnessy bus and get off at Academy of Sciences station. Alternatively, you can take bus #5-Fulton bus: get off at 8th Avenue and Fulton Street, and then walk around 5minutes to Music Concourse Drive
- By metro streetcar: Tale N-Judah Muni Metro streetcar and get off at 9th Avenue and Irving Street, then walk around 10 minutes to Music Concourse Drive