- Discover Antarctica at the International Antarctic Center in Christchurch
- The International Antarctic Center was selected to be the best attraction of Christchurch
- You can explore a variety of galleries including the interactive exhibitions and caves
- Try the 4D experience of Antarctica!
- Don't forget to meet the iconic penguins too!
Discover the mysteries and the beauty of Antarctica at the International Antarctic Center in Christchurch. It was selected as the best attraction of Christchurch! Not everyone can visit Antarctica so the International Antarctic Center brought Antarctica to Christchurch. Here, you can explore many different galleries including the interactive exhibitions, exciting Hagglund ride, and an awesome simulated 4D cruise Ice Voyage.
Learn about Antarctica and Scott Base, and hang out with Little Blue Penguins too! It's a great place for everybody and anyone to enjoy. Book today and invite yourself to a great time with your loved ones!
The center is full of exhibitions with the mysteries of Antarctica.
Enjoy a variety of activities like the exciting Hagglund ride, and an awesome simulated 4D cruise Ice Voyage.
Try interactive exhibitions where you can feel as if you're in Antarctica!
Don't forget to hang out with the penguins!
- Christchurch International Antarctica Center ticket
- Hagglund ride & 4D show
- Penguin Express shuttle bus
What's Not Included
- Penguin backstage tour
- Food and drinks
- Audio guide
- Luggage storage
How to Use
- Once confirmed, the voucher will be sent to your email or mobile app.
- Please present the printed or mobile voucher at the International Antarctic Center.
- This voucher is only valid on the selected visit date.
Christchurch International Antarctic Center
38 Orchard Road, Harewood, Christchurch 8052 New Zealand
Please find the location on Google Maps
Opening Hours :
09:00 am - 17:30 pm
What to Remember
- Audio guides are available in English, Mandarin, Japanese, Korean, Thai, German, French, and Spanish for NZD $10.00
- The Penguin Express Shuttle is a free transport service between the city and the attraction. The pick-up and drop-off location is outside the Canterbury Museum on Rolleston Avenue.
- The 4D movies include realistic 3D imagery and 4D special effects of seat movement, water spray, air bursts, and bubbles. Viewer discretion is advised for those suffering from neck or back pain, epilepsy or heart conditions. The show is considered suitable for all ages and parental discretion is recommended for children under 5 years
- Your reservation is not complete until you have received a confirmation voucher.
0-2 days prior to the visit date: non-refundable